It is no secret that making discrete changes in and around your business site can have a dramatic effect on your energy bills. Our selection of lighting timers avoid the potentially draining issue of lights being needlessly switched on. Similarly our sensors ensure that lighting is automated to come on only when it is absolutely necessary.
High Frequency Motion Sensor – Hidden & Practical
The adjustable High Frequency sensitivity is suitable for vapour proof fittings as there is no need to drill any holes for installing. This sensor uses state-of-the-art features, which refer to the Doppler’s Principle. When someone is moving, the main lamp (controlled by the sensor relay) will turn on automatically. The lamp will not turn off until everyone has left its operating range and no movement is detected for the full duration of the relay delay time.
Passive Infrared Sensor (PIR)- Outdated & Unreliable
We recommend against the use of PIR sensors that are prevalent on many budget domestic floodlights as they are heavily reliant on the environment and have a very narrow operating temperature range.
PIR switches can rapidly and sharply decrease in sensitivity above 33°C and can fail completely when the temperature drops to less than 5°C, both of which is viable in the UK climate and in the ceiling and roof spaces in the office environment.
If your building is lit for long hours, or operates night shifts, energy savings on lighting equipment can be extremely valuable.
We can help you balance the voltage and light requirement for your buildings so that you get the perfect result in both energy saving and lighting longevity.
We’ve seen our Lighting Optimiser reduce the energy consumed by lighting by up to 25% without changing the environment or having to fit expensive new bulbs.
The adapT5 converts existing T12 and T8 fluorescent fittings in to high efficiency T5 lighting systems. No extra wiring or external electrical components are needed in the starter socket, and this product is fully compliant with the Low Voltage Device European normalised Heath & Safety regulations.
The adapT5 improves your commercial lighting efficiency due to:
- A more efficient warm-up phase, as well as stable, flicker free illumination during operation, with no blackening of tube ends
- Easy installation fits into T12 & T8 fixtures
- Straightforward removal of the conventional starter, no inefficient bridge needed. No specialist required for conversion
T5 tubes contain 38% less glass and phosphorous than T12 tubes and only 5mg of mercury. Low energy consumption and optimised efficiency results in less strain on energy resources and a reduction in CO2 and zero PCB emission.
In 2010 we installed 1,750 adapT5s in various sizes into the multi-storey car park at St James Park. This resulted in a 55% reduction in running costs with an eight month payback period.
Where retrofit solutions aren’t cost beneficial we can work with you to replace lighting across your office, property or estate.
Our energy consultants are experts in lighting solutions that are both energy efficient and perform perfectly, ensuring the well-being and productivity of your employees.
- Expert Audit – We assess your entire property to ascertain the exact lighting requirement
- Quality Products – We have great lighting manufacturer relationships and continuously refine the lighting we use to help you balance capital investment and ongoing running costs
- Project Management – We can manage your lighting system replacement, leaving you free to run your business
- Financial Management – We can help plan financial investment by offsetting the cost of new lighting against your energy cost
The improved development of LEDs has provided a recent breakthrough in both design and energy saving.
Some of the benefits of LED lights include:
- Long life, low maintenance cost – LED lifespan can be over 50,000 hours with consistent light output. If used for 10 hours every day the replacement lifespan could exceed 10 years, offering a double saving through reduced maintenance costs.
- Fully dimmable – Being able to fully dim LEDs makes for greater energy savings and extended lifetime as well as operating in conjunction with sensor controls.
- Rugged durability and reliability – LED lights have no fragile filament or tube. They are more resistant to cold temperatures and shock, relative to HID and fluorescent lamps.
- Flicker free operation – This stroboscopic effect can be dangerous in areas with moving or rotating machinery and can also trigger epilepsy.
- No Ultraviolet or Infra-red Light Omitted
- Instant light – LEDs have no ‘run-up’ period or re-strike delay